Raise a Glass of Sauvignon Blanc This Friday
One of my favourite grapes in Sauvignon Blanc, perhaps because it goes so well with my favourite food, oysters! This year International Sauvignon Blanc Day takes place on 5 May 2017. We’ve partnered with the New Zealand Winegrowers to assist with a social media campaign to raise awareness of the day and encourage consumers to celebrate the country’s flagship wine.
New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is a $1.3 billion dollar export earner, massively contributing to the success of New Zealand wine overseas! This Friday you can choose to purchase a bottle and sip at home or join one of the restaurants participating in a special promo for Sauvignon Blanc.
The Flying Pig
Head to Yaletown, Olympic Village or Gastown where The Flying Pig will be offering our Two Tracks Sauv Blanc for Happy Hour at $7 per glass on Friday from 3 – 6pm on May 5.
Follow the activity on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by using the hashtags #SauvBlanc and #nzwine.
- Sauv Blanc accounts for around 85% of wine exported from New Zealand.
- New Zealand Sauv Blanc exports are worth over $1.3 billion annually.
- New Zealand wine exports have reached a record high and now stand at $1.61 billion up 3% for the year end February 2017.
- New Zealand wine is exported to more than 90 countries, and is New Zealand’s 5th largest export good.
- The industry is working towards a goal of $2 billion of exports in 2020.