Raise a glass to top-notch improv comedy
Vancouver TheatreSports™ League (VTSL) will hold its 10th annual Grapes of Laugh Gala, on Thursday, February 19. Guaranteed to beat the winter blahs, this value-packed, not-to-miss event features toast-worthy wines, delicious canapés and daring comedy, all in support of Vancouver TheatreSports’ community and youth programs.
A live improv show will showcase VTSL’s top mainstage improvisers. Local media personality Fred Lee, and Principal of Point Blank Entertainment, Howard Blank, will co-host the event.
Grapes of Laugh will also feature a live and silent auction brimming with covetable items, including:
– Dinner for two with Colin Mochrie, one of Canada’s best-known improvisers, and Jay Ono, VTSL Executive Director, at The Dockside Restaurant on Granville Island, plus — two tickets to see Colin Mochrie live in Vancouver – late August 2015
– A walk-on role on an upcoming episode of Convos With My 2 Year Old, generously offered by the creator of the popular web series, Matthew Clarke, and VTSL mainstage actor and Convos co-star and co-producer, David Milchard
– An improv workshop with VTSL’s Executive and Artistic Directors, and the opportunity to ride the bench as an improviser in a full 90-minute weekend TheatreSports™ show at The Improv Centre
– River Rock Casino Resort Package: one-night stay in a Penthouse Suite, two concert tickets, and brunch for two
– Silver Reef Casino Resort Package (WA): one-night stay in an Executive Suite, dinner for two at The Steak House, and a couples massage.
Grapes of Laugh
Thursday, February 19
Doors open 7 pm
The Improv Centre
1502 Duranleau Street, Granville Island
$50 per person (includes wine, light canapés and a live comedy show)
Tickets: Online, HERE.
About Vancouver TheatreSports™ League
Vancouver TheatreSports™ League is located on Granville Island, Vancouver’s arts and culture capital. Circa 1980, Vancouver TheatreSports™ League is now a local institution and a worldwide phenomenon, producing and staging some of the most daring and innovative improv in the world. Boasting six International Improv Comedy Awards and having starred in several television specials, Vancouver TheatreSports™ League performs to more than 60,000 enthusiasts yearly, five nights a week, 52 weeks a year.