Dinner by the Province’s Best Chefs – Les Dames Summerdine
Fundraiser Supports Women’s Education, Project Chef and Growing Chefs
I’m part of this amazing organization and each year we present a dinner party across the province created by our region’s top chefs. This year it’ Wednesday, August 16th when Les Dames d’Escoffier BC Chapter presents Les Dames Summerdine – fabulous food and glorious wines on one day only at more than 30 different restaurants, wineries, cooking schools and culinary venues across BC. Most are dinners, with one exception – a very special luncheon at Sea Cider Farm and Ciderhouse on Vancouver Island. All funds raised from Summerdine go to support Les Dames d’Escoffier BC Chapter’s Scholarship and Outreach programs.
Some of the confirmed Metro Vancouver locations are still available, but many are already sold out. We are hoping aboard the Pacific Yacht Charters moored in Coal Harbour with spectacular views of the harbor, the mountains, Stanley Park and the towers of downtown Vancouver! JOIN US!!!! BUY TICKETS
Dinners are also still available at the Beach House, Bufala, Burdock & Co., Fable Kitchen, Fish Counter and Royal Dinette.
Over in the Okanagan some of the tempting events still available today include.
- Six seats in the picturesque Terrafina at Hester Creek by RauDZ
- Four seats at the famed Terrace Restaurant at Mission Hill Family Estate
- Eight seats in the private Cellar Room at Oak + Cru (where you are surrounded by racks and racks of wine) at the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort
- Four seats at The Restaurant at Watermark Beach Resort in Osoyoos
- Eight seats for a beautiful al fresco dinner in the private residence at Bella Wines
There are two larger events happening on Vancouver Island:
- The first is a very special luncheon with 40 seats being held at Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse in Saanichton and catered by Victoria’s popular Spinnakers Gastro Pub. Billed as a ‘Celebration of Women in Hospitality,’ the luncheon will include additional elements such as speakers and an auction. The ticket price is only $60 and includes lunch, beverages,tax,tips,plus a shuttle to/from downtown Victoria (for the first 30 people).
- The second event is a dinner at The Farm Table Restaurant at Providence Farm in Duncan. It is being presented by chefs who have been recipients of Les Dames Scholarships and the Vancouver Island University Culinary Institute. This dinner will showcase locally grown fare to celebrate the bounty of the Cowichan Valley and will feature dishes cooked in James Barber Memorial Wood Oven. Ticket price for this fabulous celebration of farm-to-table dining is only $60 and there are 40 seats available.
The above are only a tempting taste of what will be happening on August 16th – to see the complete array check out the full participant list for locations, menus and photos.
Regardless of the location, all diners are treated to a specially-designed multiple-course menu, wines selected to complement that menu, a special table or location and an opportunity to meet and chat with the chefs and restaurateurs.
All but two of the events are priced at $79 per person and include the multi-course meal with wine (gratuity not included). The two exceptions are a steal at only $60 – lunch at Sea Cider Farm & Cider House and the dinner at Providence Farm, both on Vancouver Island.
Don’t miss your chance to participate in one of the most unique dining experiences of the summer. All funds raised from Summerdine go to support Les Dames d’Escoffier BC Chapter’s Scholarship and Outreach programs.
Photo Gallery of High Res Images
About Les Dames d’Escoffier BC Chapter
Les Dames d’Escoffier is the only organization of its kind: a world-wide philanthropic society of professional women leaders in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality. The invitation-only membership, composed of 38 individual chapters across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Mexico, is highly diversified and reflects the multifaceted fields of contemporary gastronomy and hospitality. The mandate of the BC Chapter is to support the advancement of women in the hospitality and culinary domains as well as fostering industry excellence through educational and charitable activities. The BC Chapter is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year.
For information on Les Dames d’Escoffier International: www.ldei.org