Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver to Stage Inaugural Farmer’s Market To MARKET
Nine local vendors and one winery, supported by Wayne Harris, the hotel’s executive chef and his team, will gather on the third-floor terrace of Market by Jean-Georges, to stage Shangri-La’s inaugural Farmer’s Market. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. the community-at-large is invited to savour, sip and shop.
Chef Harris, using products from the vendors, will be creating signature Market by Jean-Georges canapés while the bartending team will be stirring up housemade sodas. Tinhorn Creek Vineyards will also be on-hand with their Cabernet Franc Rosé and Gewürztraminer. All for complimentary sampling.
Purveyors brought together by the Vancouver Farmers Markets:
- Skipper Otto’s Wild BC Salmon
- Organic Farm Connection (salad greens and leafy things)
- Maan Farms (strawberries)
- French Made Baking (French pastries and macaroons)
- Yummy Baked Goods (traditional baking)
- Take a Fancy Chocolate and Sweets (chocolates)
Along with friends of Market by Jean-Georges:
- Sticky Spoon (jam)
- Erin Ireland, mother of banana bread & food writer (rave-winning banana bread, personally tasted & endorsed by Jean-Georges)
Please join the culinary brigade of Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver and the Vancouver Farmers Markets for their Farmer’s Market in the city centre. No reservations required.
Entrance via Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver at 1128 West Georgia Street
or up the Market stairs at 1115 Alberni.
Parking is available underneath Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
For further inquiries please contact David Tremblay, Olivier Bureau or Patrice Cojuangco: