Singles in the City: Food Lovers Unite!
Love food but tired of cooking for one? The Dirty Apron Cooking School is bringing city singles together in a class designed to help students meet their match in the kitchen. Join us for a no-pressure combination of cooking, wining, dining and dating, as you make gourmet dishes, and hopefully a few new love connections.
Paired up at random, each student will prepare the following, rotating between stations to mingle and meet as they cook and eat:
- Tarragon buttered Crab Crostinis, white Soya and Sesame marinated Yellow Fin Tuna with pressed Avocado and Yuzu foam
- Okonomiyaki Pancakes, Wild Mushroom Risotto with Braised Beef Short Ribs
- Lemon and Basil Crepes with warm Berry Compote
Breaking the ice a little further will be Michaela Morris and Michelle Bouffard of house wine, who will offer commentary with each dish to help demystify wine pairings (and possibly the opposite sex).
The evening includes:
- Instruction from trained chef
- Five-course meal
- Recipes to take home
- Instruction from wine professional
- Tasting of six different wines
- Up to ten possible datesSuitable for participants of all levels of wine knowledge and cooking skill
Gentlemen, sign up quick or chance missing out on meeting your true love!
*For this upcoming class, we have a waiting list for women
Date: Friday, August 19th, 2011
Time: 5:30 – 9:30pm
Venue: 540 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC
For more information: http://www.housewine.ca/news/news.php?pageID=41