To celebrate the kids going back to school we’ve got a Barilla Pasta Giveaway and some recipes for salads in a jar for you!
You’ll win Barilla pasta, Barilla branded apron and measuring cups and a David Rocco cookbook! WOO HOO! This is truly my fav pasta as it cooks up perfectly. Stick exactly to the cooking times and you’ll be good to go!
Italian Pasta Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
- 2/3 cups elbow pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 leaves of basil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup cooked ham, julienned
Toss pasta with olive oil, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, and ham; serve in Mason jars.
Farfalle Pasta Salad with Smoked Salmon and Yogurt
- 2/3 cups farfalle pasta
- 1 1/8 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 hardboiled egg, sliced into rounds
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/3 cup smoked salmon
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions; drain. Drizzle with ⅛ teaspoon olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together, and then lay it flat on a platter to cool down. Sauté red onion with remaining olive oil over high heat in a small skillet for 2 minutes, then set aside to cool.
Toss pasta with olive oil, cherry tomatoes, yogurt, eggs, red onion, and smoked salmon. Divide into Mason jars and top each with 10 capers.
Asian Pasta Salad with Seaweed
- 2/3 cups orzo pasta
- 1/8 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cups prepared seaweed salad
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 large shrimp, cooked
Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions; drain. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together, then lay it flat on a platter to cool down.
Toss orzo pasta with olive oil, seaweed salad, edamame, soy sauce, sesame oil, and shrimp; serve in Mason jars.