National Chefs Conference, CCFCC 2011, June 12 – 15, 2011
More than 500 Canadian, American and world chefs will gather for the 48th annual National Chefs Conference, June 12 – 15, 2011 in Vancouver. Hosted by the Canadian Culinary Federation Culinaire Canadienne (CCFCC) and the BC Chefs’ Association, the conference offers chefs, culinarians and guests from across Canada the opportunity to learn from industry leaders, compete in culinary challenges, and taste the best of British Columbia and Canadian cuisine.
“ The National Chefs Conference is a unique gathering of Canada’s culinary community. It brings together established chefs and the stars of tomorrow to test their skills, share ideas, and explore new culinary trends, ” says conference director Dawn Donahue.
The conference agenda includes:
National Chefs Challenge, June 10, 2 – 9 pm,
World Association of Chefs’ Society (WACS) Global Chefs Challenge, June 11, 11 am – 9 pm
Hans Bueschkens Junior Culinary Challenge, June 12, 11 am – 5 pm
Canadian National Junior Chefs Challenge, June 15, 7 am – 2 pm
Tastes of CCFCC Canada, June 12, 5 – 10 pm, Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside
- This welcome reception features 15 food and beverage stations where junior chefs and their mentors create an unforgettable taste of their province. Each station represents regional cuisine, and is paired with a Canadian beverage.
Aboriginal Dinner, June 13, 6 – 10 pm, UBC Farms
- Hosted by Chef Ben Genaille and Vancouver Community College Aboriginal Culinary class, this amazing dinner features indigenous products, native smokehouse, fire pit and traditional menu items. At UBC Farms, surrounded by nature and aboriginal community gardens.
Tastes of Halifax, Nova Scotia, June 14, 7:00 – 9:00 am, Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside
- The host city for CCFCC 2012 brings tastes from Eastern Canada. Halifax, proud to host CCFCC 2012 are flying in Nova Scotia lobster, and creating a true Nova Scotia breakfast. Attendees will be rewarded for attending this delicious breakfast with a complimentary entry for an all expenses paid trip to CCFCC 2012 – flights, accommodations, and full conference package – for two!
Dragon Feast of the Century, June 14, 12:30 to 3:00 pm, Rain Flower Seafood Restaurant, Richmond, B.C.
- Fifteen award winning chefs showcase Chinese visual and culinary arts, creating this six course luncheon with fresh seafood, including crab and lobster, organic and free range pork, chicken and duck, and fresh local Asian greens.
Presidents Ball, June 15, 5:30 to 10:30 pm, Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside
- The final gala and awards presentation. Winner of all competitions will be introduced and recognized
- Culinary Team Canada, led by Chef Simon Smotkowicz, creates the 6 course dinner, featuring the best of Canada – chefs and products, supported by our global influences
Chef Rob Feenie, Cactus Club, on The Business of Being a Chef , June 13, 7:00 – 9:00 am
Chefs Panel – Women in the Industry, June 13, 12:00 – 2:00 pm
- Chef Karen Barnaby, Fishhouse in Stanley Park
- Chef Dana Reinhardt, Windset Farms
- Christa-lee McWatters-Bond, Local Lounge & Grille, Summerland
Chef Robert Clarke, C Restaurant, on Sustainability and our Future , June 15, 7:00 – 9:30 am
- Chef Thomas Haas, Chocolate and Pastry Stories, June 13, 2:00 – 2:45 pm
- Julie Lau, Health Check and Nutrition in our Meals, June 14, 9:00 am
- Nick Versteeg, Food Security and Safety in the Kitchen, June 15, 9:00 am
- · Ice Carving Competition, with Master Ice Carvers from Asia, June 12, 12 – 4 pm
- · Dominique and Cindy Duby, molecular gastronomy, June 13, 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- · Chef Marcus von Albrecht, Scotch and chocolate, June 11, 8:00 pm
- · Chef Steve Jilleba, World of Flavours: Greece and Japan, June 14, 10:00 am
- Don Genova, Thermomix, June 14, 11:00 am
All keynote talks, seminars and demos take place at the Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside.
Trade Show and Golf Tournament, June 16, 2011, Furry Creek Golf Course
- A full day of networking, new products, food and beverages, a pig roast hosted by Johnson’s Pork, 18 golfing Celebrity Chefs, lunch, dinner, power carts, and so much more
Chefs Gissur Gudmundsson, President, World Association of Chefs’ Societies; Michael Ty, President, American Culinary Federation; Louis Perrotte, American Culinary Federation; Judson Simpson, Executive Chef, Parliament Hill, President of CCFCC; Bruno Marti, Rob Butters, Bernard Casavant, Ned Bell, Vikram Vij, Sylvain Cuerrier, Scott Jeager, John Bishop and Tobias MacDonald.
More information can be found on the conference website at http://www.ccfcc2011.ca. Earlybird conference rates are available until April 30, 2011. Event tickets available to the public at www.ccfcc.eventbrite.com. Earlybird ticket prices end April 30, 2011.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Dawn Donahue, 604-628-9547 or email@example.com
Stories and Interviews Available:
- Eight Canadian National Chefs competing June 10
- Three World Chefs competing June 11, including Tobias MacDonald, British Columbia
- Three World Junior Chefs competing June 12, including Mather Parker, Ontario
- Aboriginal Cuisine, Chef Ben Genaille
- Asian Culinary Team, 15 award winning Chinese Chefs
- Master Ice Carvers, award winning, flying in from Shanghai to compete