Morning Muffins with those healthy, trendy, Chia Seeds
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup chia seeds – Prana has some great ones with probiotics too
150g dried cranberries
3/4 cup pecans – halves or pieces
1 cup chocolate chips
2 very ripe bananas
2 eggs, lightly beaten
125g butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line a 12-hole medium muffin pan with paper cases. Get pretty.
- Combine flours, sugar, cranberries, pecans, chocolate chips and chia seeds in a bowl. Stir in the dates.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas and stir in eggs, butter and milk.
- Fold into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide mixture among muffin pans
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Great for breaky and afternoon snacks.