UBC Harvest Fall Festival Farm Market
In addition to over 250 varieties of our own fresh, organically grown produce, join us for live musicians, craftspeople, bakers and other farm vendors. This week is our last market and our annual Harvest Festival. Free public tours start at 11am.
Saturday Farm Market Saturdays, 9:00am-1:00pm, June-Oct at the UBC Farm
Since 2001, the on-site Saturday Farm Market has provided a unique venue for experiential education and student research, including everything from agricultural business management and marketing to nutritional analysis. Individuals are also welcome to volunteer at the Saturday markets.
In addition to farm-fresh veggies, fruits, herbs, flowers and free-range eggs from the UBC Farm, the Saturday Farm Market also features a variety of other local growers, bakers, craftspeople, prepared food, and live musicians.
- Payment – Cash is the preferred method of payment, though cheques are accepted for purchases over $30. The farm is unable to process Interac or credit card transactions. Please note that many vendors only accept cash.
- Parking – Please park outside of the farm gate in the lot or along South Campus Road. Three spots in our parking lot are reserved for persons of limited mobility. As parking space is limited, market customers are encouraged to carpool, bus, bike, or walk to the farm. See our Directions, Hours, and Contact Informationpage for directions and maps. Please drive carefully and watch for pedestrians, children and cyclists.
- Plastic bag charge – In order to reduce consumption of plastic bags, the UBC Farm charges 10 cents per plastic produce bag used (there is no charge for pre-bagged items). Customers are encouraged to bring and reuse plastic produce bags and inform the cashiers when they have done so.
- Bring your own shopping bags – Market customers are encouraged to bring reusable shopping bags in which to pack your purchases. The UBC Farm will gladly accept donations of clean, used grocery bags to have on hand.
- Eggs – Egg quantities are limited (the hens can only produce so much!) and in high demand. To ensure that as many people as possible can sample this popular treat, there is a limit of one dozen eggs per family.
- Farm tours – The UBC Farm offers free public tours at 11:00am each Saturday. Please meet on the hill above the market at five minutes to 11:00. Tours are approximately 30 minutes in length. Please note the Saturday tours are intended for individuals and their families. Organized groups that would like to book a tour should contact firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the UBC Farm Event Guidelinesfor information on rates.