What To Do In And Around Vancouver Week – Living The Good Life in Vancouver
It’s a diverse city we live in and this week you’ll find everything from people dressed to the nines at the race track for Deighton Cup (see you there!) to folks consuming more meat in an afternoon than some do in a year at Brewery And The Beast! There’s an Italian Market, Cocktail Crawls, and Brunch to be had too. Get out there and celebrate summer.
Italian Market at the Italian Cultural Center
Local organic and artisan products and tastes of Italy collide! Shop for fresh fruit and vegetables, handmade products from local artisans and delicious food prepared by Il Centro’s chef. Food trucks in attendance too! The MERCATO will run also on August 18, and November 24, from 5:00pm to 9.00pm. Il Centro
Deighton Cup July 22
We’re getting pretty damn excited about this one and can’t wait to sip a Julep or two and bet on the races! For $75
- Daytime derby racing – Eight adrenaline pumping horseraces to enjoy & bet on
- A delectable lunch freshly prepared by some of Vancouver’s finest chefs
- The chance to be named The Style Stakes “Best Dressed” and have your name engraved on The Deighton Cup
- Interactive leisure sports, picnic area, cigar lounge, live + DJ entertainment
- Musical live entertainment TICKETS
Pride Crawl Fundraiser
Through August 6, dozens of bars and restaurants across Vancouver will shake up an array of signature cocktails in celebration of the inaugural Pride Crawl Fundraiser in support of the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation.
Throughout the 24-day event, participating establishments will be showing their support by offering Pride-themed cocktails with partial proceeds from the sale of each drink donated directly to the Dr. Peter Centre, a facility in Vancouver’s West End that provides services for British Columbians who face poverty, homelessness, mental illness, addictions and social isolation.
Brewery and The Beast
- $99.95 + tax
- 2 tickets per person purchase limit
- Live music from the Electric Timber Co. with Special Guests.
- Tickets are inclusive of all food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- 10 beverage tokens are included with purchase of an event ticket. Beverages are poured as follows: Beer — 12oz, Cider — 6oz, Wine — 3oz. (this is due to a recent policy change by the Liquor Control and Licensing Branch of BC).
Seeking taste testers! Golden beet tasting event at this week’s Farmers Market
The UBC Farm is the mother farm for the BC Seed Trials project. Where FarmFolkCityFolk, the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems, and variety trial experts research and conserve vegetable varieties that are optimized for our region’s farms. Arguably, the most fun component of this research is taste testing.
Saturday July 22 you can become a beet judge on the spot, by filling in scorecards for a blind taste testing of the Farm’s very own golden beet varieties. Can you tell one apart from another? Let us know which ones performed best, just look out for our activities stall at the Farmers Market! Find out more about this event here.
Brunch Affair In The Shipyards
Brunch Affair is the perfect celebration for every music loving, breakfast savvy, mimosa enthusiast! Come celebrate and enjoy everyone’s favourite meal of the day while enjoying the best views of Vancouver!
Weekend early-birds and late-risers alike will enjoy a variety of food stations serving up delicious brunch dishes from breakfast tacos to veggie hash. Bring your friends, your family and a big appetite!
Pre-purchase your Early Bird ticket and save on the Admission Fee ($5 at the door) AND you get 3 food tokens ($12 value). Note: Admission is free for kids under the age of 12 years.