Spirited ticket packages go on sale Saturday, January 15, 2011
For eight years, Tales of the Cocktail® has been bringing cocktail aficionados from around the world to New Orleans, for the most spirited event of the year. For the first time, this internationally acclaimed cocktail festival is taking its show on the road with Tales of the Cocktail on Tour Vancouver. Being held March 13-15, 2011 at Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim, Tales of the Cocktail on Tour will feature six seminars hosted by some of the biggest names in the cocktail industry, as well as, a series of events to keep the drinks flowing throughout the weekend.
The inaugural seminars at Tales of the Cocktail on Tour Vancouver include the following:
• Famous New Orleans Cocktails
o Led By Chris McMillan and Philip Greene
• Who’s Your Daddy? A Mai Tai Paternity Test
o Led by Jeff Berry
• For the Love of Gin
o Led by Desmond Payne and Dan Warner
• The Science of Cocktails: New Techniques Behind the Bar
o Led by Dave Arnold and Eben Klemm
• The History and Importance of Ice in Cocktails
o Led by Charlotte Voisey and Jon Santer
• The Birth, Death and Rebirth of Canadian Whisky
o Led by Allen Katz and Drew Mayville with Neal McLennan and David Wolowidnyk
Ticket packages to Tales of the Cocktail on Tour Vancouver go on sale Saturday, January 15, 2011 online at www.TalesoftheCocktail.com for a cost of $155.00. With this comprehensive ticket package, you will feast on your choice of spirited seminars filled to the brim with cocktail history, techniques and tastings. By night, you will sample the handiwork of the city’s best mixologists with unfettered access to Tales of the Cocktail on Tour events.
• 1 Invitation to Canadian Professional Bartenders VIP Welcome Reception (CPBA members only)
• 1 Invitation to Gibson’s Finest Canadian Whisky Welcome Reception
• Your choice of three 90 minute Tales of the Cocktail on Tour Seminars
• 1 Invitation to the Tales of the Cocktail on Tour Closing Reception
• 1 Invitation to the BC Bar Crawl
• 1 Invitation to the Good Bye Vancouver, Hello New Orleans Cochon de Lait Lunch
• Complimentary Lunch Presented by Bols Liqueurs
• Official Tales of the Cocktail Recipe E-Book, Tales of the Cocktail on Tour Version
• Tales of the Cocktail on Tour Welcome Bag
• Access to Shots of Inspiration Book Signings with presenters
• $25.00 discount on Membership to the Canadian Professional Bartenders Association
• Merchandise and Product Discounts from partners including, but not limited to Trader Tiki, Cocktail Kingdom, Mr. Mojito, Chefwear and Tales of the Cocktail.
About Tales of the Cocktail on Tour Vancouver
For the first time Tales of the Cocktail is taking it’s show on the road with Tales of the Cocktail on Tour. Our first stop is Vancouver, where we’ll be giving Canadian cocktail lovers a small taste of what Tales is all about. This three-day festival will feature the most renowned cocktail experts from Vancouver and beyond at a series of seminars, events and more. So join us in Vancouver this March to sample what’s in store at Tales of the Cocktail 2011.
About Tales of the Cocktail®
Tales of the Cocktail® is the world’s premier cocktail festival, bringing together the most respected minds on mixology for five days of cocktails, cuisine and culture. Held annually in New Orleans, this event has something for cocktail professionals and enthusiasts alike with a spirited schedule of seminars, dinners, competitions, parties and special events where brands showcase their latest products. Now in its ninth year, Tales of the Cocktail® returns with another round of events all perfectly paired with some of the best cocktails ever made. Shake things up at Tales of the Cocktail 2011, July 20-24.
About the New Orleans Culinary and Cultural Preservation Society
The New Orleans Culinary and Cultural Preservation Society is a non-profit organization committed to preserving the unique culture of cocktails and cuisine in New Orleans and beyond. Since it’s founding in 2006 the NOCCPS has supported members of the hospitality industry through educational opportunities such as the Flo Woodward Scholarship and the Cocktail Apprentice Scholarship Program as well as the production of events like Tales of the Cocktail.
For information and email updates on Vancouver dates, ticket sales and more, visit: www.TalesoftheCocktail.com