We are checking in with local personalities and how could we not include this beauty. Elsa Corsi is a jewellery designer and co-owner of Jeweliette Jewellry, with online shoppin and a location of Hornby Street. Corsi keeps us in sparkles throughout the year; you’ll often find me wearing her designs on special occasions and I own many of her gorgeous pieces. Sparkle on Elsa Corsi and a happy holiday to you and yours! Now you know where to pick up any last minute holiday jewels you may need!
1) What is on your wish list for the holidays in terms of Jewellery? EC – The sparkliest thing on my Wish List is a pair of Nike Free 5.0 with a crystal encrusted ‘swoosh’. Ever since I saw them on Instagram, I can’t get them out of my mind.
2) What about something not even related to jewelry that you are might want? EC – Easy, A lifetime supply of the Peanut Brittle Bark from Chocolate Arts…with the calories removed!
3) What is the best gift you EVER got? EC – One year, my husband asked me if I could have anything I wanted for Christmas what would it be. I told him, a coat I had seen when I was in New York …three years prior. I thought it was the impossible gift, but he tracked it down. Of course, I love the coat-but I love even more that he went out of his way to really surprise me!
4) What is the best gift you EVER gave? EC A Herman Miller Chair
5) What items to give for the Jewelry addict in our readers life ?
Our ‘twin-set’ pearl earrings at Jeweliette Jewellery are this seasons gift to give! They are a smaller pearl stud post with a larger pearl ear backing. We like to say ‘its business in the front and a party in the back”.
6) How do you recommend one chooses their jewels for a holiday party? EC – The absolute must have for any holiday party is a great pair of earrings that sparkle. This could mean a pair of large studs for the gal who doesn’t usually wear much jewellery or a bright, colorful pair for the jewellery afficionado. I love it when our clients bring their outfits in and we play ‘dress up’! So often what they choose when they see it all together is not what they thought would go at all, so its always fun when there is that element of surprise in their style discovery!
9) What do you bring to a holiday party? EC – Always Champagne. Preferably in a pink bottle!
9) What charity do you wish for more funding for in 2015? EC – There are so many worthy charities that need support, and we try to get involved with as many as we can locally. This year, we supported Arts Umbrella, The Vancouver Aquarium and The Daffodil Ball.
8) How will you celebrate the holidays this year? EC – This year we are doing something different, pyjamas and Chinese food all day! No dishes and no cooking!