Bartender Justin Taylor at The Cascade Room – Burrard Gimlet
If you been following the Hand Crafted Spirits Show, you may have caught a few segments where Joe Leary and I search for tasty cocktails on TSN1410. This week we were off for a quick lunch and cocktail sampling in East Van.
Main Street’s Cascade Room is now home to Justin Taylor, who’s been a fixture behind the bar at places such at the Four Seasons, and recently Boulevard at The Sutton Place Hotel. He impressed us with his Burrard Gimlet and let us in on what the Cascade Room’s been up to this fall.
To catch the AUDIO in this clip
GLASSWARE – Coupe
- 1.5 oz Gillespie’s Sin Gin
- 0.5 oz Green Chartreuse
- 0.5 oz chamomile cordial*
- 0.75 oz lime juice
- 3 dashes Bittered Sling Lem Marrakesh
- 1 pinch Vancouver Island Sea Salt
- Rim half glass with sea salt
- Combine all ingredients including pinch of sea salt to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake for 15 seconds
- Double strain to a half rimmed coupe glass
- Lime twist
- Taboo Absinthe mist