Honda Accord Hybrid Touring – Touring the Okanagan
If you been watching our recent antics, we’ve been on the road a lot lately and this April were cruising around the Okanagan pre and post wedding testing out the newest Honda Accord Hybrid, the 2017.
The Accord is roomy and comfortable, perfect for packing everything up we needed for the nearly three weeks away. The rear seats don’t fold, but the trunk is spacious nevertheless.
The two-motor system includes both combustion and electric engines, a combination that meant the stops at the gas pump were few and far between. Definitely a plus. There are two electric motors, one is fixed to the back of the engine that charges the battery, and one powering the vehicle transferring power to the front wheel. The combustion is a 2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle inline four-cylinder engine. The Accord provides 212 horsepower, one of the highest in mid-sized sedans out there.
The car hugs the road and corners well, turns quickly and brakes strong. The 0 to 60 time is 6.9 seconds, we didn’t test it, but it certainly feels quick. Lanewatch is a really cool feature of this car, a camera located on the passenger rear-view mirror that provides extra visibility, eliminating those blind spots.
It’s a stylish auto and quiet on the road, with a handy navigation option and a stellar stereo operated on a 7 inch touchscreen with front and rear parking sensors. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity are provided, but we usually don’t hook up the phone as I’m in the passenger seat most of the time and can easily take calls from there.
This was a great car for touring the Okanagan and comes with a variety of options. The $26,385 selling price special currently on the Honda website (June 2017) includes the following.
- 185-HP, 2.4-LITRE, 16-VALVE, DIRECT INJECTION DOHC, I-VTEC® 4-CYLINDER ENGINE
- 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION (MT) OR AVAILABLE CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE TRANSMISSION (CVT)
- 17″ ALUMINUM-ALLOY WHEELS
- 60/40 SPLIT FOLD-DOWN REAR SEATBACK
- APPLE CARPLAY™/ANDROID AUTO™
- HANDSFREELINK™-BILINGUAL BLUETOOTH® WIRELESS MOBILE PHONE INTERFACE WITH STEERING WHEEL-MOUNTED CONTROLS
- HEATED FRONT SEATS
- DRIVER’S SEAT WITH 10-WAY POWER ADJUSTMENT INCLUDING POWER LUMBAR SUPPORT
- LED DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS, LED TAILLIGHTS
- MULTI-ANGLE REARVIEW CAMERA WITH DYNAMIC GUIDELINES
- REMOTE ENTRY SYSTEM
This elegant and stylish car was a hard one to give back and we really wished someone would have generously bought this as a wedding present! One can dream.