The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Opens at TELUS World of Science January 25
We’re geeking out (as usual) and heading to Science World to check out Ripley’s Believe It or Not’s Collection Collection of Oddities, Anomalies and Fantastic Feats tomorrow so follow our Instastories here after 5 pm for that, and we’ve got a four pack of tickets to give away as well so you can do the same. Scroll down for details on that.
Starting on January 25th TELUS World of Science is hosting the celebrated travelling exhibition, The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! and is bringing the weird and wonderful world of Mr. Robert Ripley to British Columbia, Featuring the curious collections of the extraordinary explorer, the exhibition reveals how science can unlock secrets and explain the unexplainable. The exhibition is presented by Save-On-Foods and will be open until April 22, 2018.
An adventure through the remarkable realms of scientific discoveries, The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! includes real artifacts, experiments, touchable specimens, along with computer interactive and multimedia experiences. Visitors will have the opportunity to learn about some of the most extreme animals that have ever lived, dive into the complexities of human biology and marvel at the seemingly impossible collection of remarkable objects that Mr. Ripley collected as he travelled the world.
The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! welcomes visitors to explore the wonders of science and nature through themed zones, including:
- Extreme Biology: Feel dwarfed by some of the world’s largest organisms and invaded by some of the smallest—discover the science behind our planet’s most extreme biology.
- The Wonderful World of Ripley: Discover the extraordinary world of Mr Robert Ripley, an adventurer who travelled the world collecting artifacts and stories from the remarkable people and places he encountered
- Weird World—Past and Present: From geologic formations such as gigantic mineral crystals, to exploding killer lakes, uncover the scientific explanation behind every wonder of the natural world.
- Cultural Practices: Investigate extraordinary body modification techniques practiced by cultures around the world and how these aesthetic changes affect the functioning of the human body.
- Gallery of the Unexpected: Explore objects that represent Mr. Ripley’s legacy of inspiring people to create unique art and collect unusual things
- Perceptions and Illusions: Learn how illusions exploit the way our brains process sensory information to turn them into images or sounds we can comprehend, impacting how we perceive the world around us.
The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! is a production of Ripley Entertainment Inc. and Science North, a world-renowned science centre located in Sudbury, Ontario and creator of award-winning, high impact visitor experiences. For more information, visit scienceworld.ca/ripleys.