September Tasting French Fling
Even when school is back in session it is not too late for a final summer fling. Let us take you on a brief vacation to the south of France where the sizzling sun lingers well into September. The regions of the Languedoc, Roussillon and Provence may not have the cachet of Bordeaux or Burgundy yet they are teeming with friendly wines at affordable prices. Discover the diversity of these unpretentious gems and be prepared for lots of great surprises in red, white and rosé. This dalliance may turn into a lifetime love affair. Date: Wednesday, September 15th, 2010
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Venue: The Vintage Gallery, Listel Hotel
1300 Robson St., Vancouver, BC
Cost: $40 (including HST)
click here to buy tickets. house wine‘s hot list for August
house wine forecasts plenty of warm and sunny days for the remainder of the summer. Make the most of them and squeeze in as many barbeques and picnics as possible. Wine is of course absolutely essential. Following are our top picks for August.
– Fresita, Sparkling Wine infused w/ strawberries, Chile $16 (SKU# 299404)
– Nino Franco, Prosecco di Valdobbiadene, Italy $25 (SKU# 674663)
– 2009 8th Generation, Pinot Meunier Rosé, BC $22*
– 2009 Obikwa, Sauvignon Blanc, South Africa $10 (SKU# 64717)
– 2009 Nederburg, Riesling, South Africa $13 (SKU# 350272)
– 2007 Tahbilk, Marsanne, Australia $18 (SKU# 559716)
– 2008 Maison des Bulliats, Régnié AOC, France $16 (SKU# 137760)
– 2007 Dominio del Plata ‘BenMarco’ Malbec, Argentina $25 (SKU# 355321)
– 2006 Manoir de la Tête Rouge, ‘Bagatelle’ Saumur AOC, France $30*
*Available at private wine stores. Prices may vary. All other wines available at BC Liquor Stores.
Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Michaela & Michelle